moneyanddong

Monday, September 11, 2006





Claude Monet - a master of impressionism.
Claude Monet 1840-1926


" Claude Monet was one of the founding fathers of French Impressionism. Monet's concern was to reflect the influence of light on a subject. He never abandoned his Impressionist painting style until his death in 1926 when Fauvism and Cubism were en vogue and when abstract painting came into existence."

"Claude MONET was an artist by trade. He never earned money from anything but his paintings. He began at school selling caricatures of his teachers. All his feelings from happiness with his family to the painful death of his wife Camille turned into subjects for paintings. It seems that he didn't know how to express himself except on a canvas."

There are some his painting:




(hunter and his dog on a boat)



Claude Monet, The Path among the Irises 1914-1917,

Claude Monet, Red Boats in Argenteuil, 1875


Claude Monet, The Japanese Bridge,1923

I am quite interesting on his painting, because of the impressive of colors. I do not mention the relation between the name of art styles and what I feel about his painting. I see his painting is drawing a real image (real scene). But the colors used little like all of them are kind of same colors sets. I though it is a kind of his styles. For example: If I choose dark colors only for my style, all my paintings are in dark. And with a light color, I have to mix some dark colors to represent it. Although it is not light as it really is, it will be less dark in some way. I remember in class, Don has showed me some type of impressionism painting. There some kind common in the ways of creating color process. It is true to say that:"Impressionist art is based on the use of color, which has to "draw" the motive without resorting to line".
There are some links that i want to introduce to you about his painting:http://giverny.org/monet/welcome.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home